Terms and Conditions
Our Commitment to You
Alive Physio & Wellness will provide physiotherapy services, which will be conducted in accordance with the relevant professional and ethical standards issued by the Physiotherapy Board of Australia. Our goal is to deliver an exceptionally friendly, prompt and professional service providing you with the best in physiotherapy care. You will receive respectful care and are not discriminated against on the basis of your age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or health status.
Your Commitment to Us
In order to achieve outstanding treatment results, we require an equal commitment from you. Take the time to read all of our Terms and Conditions as clarity, communication and understanding will ensure that we are always on the same page and achieving the best outcome possible.
All of our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you, an objective and expert physiotherapy examination and the specific goals determined by you and your physiotherapist. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations, and any further opinions subsequent to reviews that may occur periodically throughout the term of your treatment, then we can help you to achieve outstanding results.
Fees and your Account
We are a service provider and as such, our fees are based on the level of experience/qualifications and the time we spend to achieve the best outcome for you. Consultation fees for private patients are strictly due at the time of treatment. Any products used during the course of treatment are charged separately. HICAPS/EFTPOS facilities and Direct Debit options are available.
Appointment Scheduling / Missed Appointments
Your physiotherapist will outline a recommended action plan as the best plan for your injury. You will achieve the maximum and best outcome when you keep your recommended action plan to this schedule. Therefore, to receive the most out of your care and to save time we ask that you schedule your appointments in advance. Your appointment times are reserved exclusive for you. If you can’t make it someone else may. We appreciate you giving us 24 hours’ notice if you are cancelling your appointment. 50% of the consultation fee will be charged for appointments cancelled where less than 24 hours’ notice is given. This also includes all DVA, Workcover and other Third Party funded consultations and the patient will be personally responsible for the cancellation charge.
Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury. Our physiotherapist will utilise particular treatment techniques based on their level of experience to deliver the best outcome for you. This may include techniques such as Manual Therapy, Exercise and Movement Therapy, Dry Needling and Taping. All physiotherapists have indemnity insurance through their respective insurance companies. Any professional liability is between the patient and the individual therapist. We adopt assurance protocols in accordance with the clinical guidelines as specified by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Alive Physio & Wellness is committed to protecting your privacy. In conducting this engagement (both face-to-face and Telehealth), information acquired by us in the course of the engagement is subject to strict confidentiality requirements.
1. The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
2. Your medical file will be accessed by your physiotherapist, and when necessary, for example, in the absence of your usual physio, by other therapist in the practice.
3. Where required by law your personal information will be disclosed.
4. Our physiotherapist may take video & photo in order to educate the patient about their problem. We store this information in a secure server and will not allow any third party to gain access with this information without your consent. Please inform the physiotherapist if you prefer not to take video and photo.
5. We use SMS and/or email communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
6. From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at your local practice via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to clients.
• To notify clients of promotions and events.
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow Ups.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Periodic Newsletters.
• Practice Updates.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
7. Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise us or alternatively follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the communication.
8. You may gain access to information held about you by this Practice by putting your request in writing. Please note a fee may apply.
9. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is considered consent to receive such communications as outlined above however you may opt out at any time.